Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

About Me

My photo
Called to be a Lay Missioner with the Franciscan Mission Service in Bolivia

Friday, January 27, 2012

Small Towns - A Few Snapshots

 


Though I now live in the Big City and enjoy the conveniences of many things close to home, and being able to walk to many events close by, I still really like the small town life. I like the picturesque old buildings, and quick walks to get to the countryside.

 


I like the fresher air and the space on the side walks and streets. I like the slower rhythm, the friendlier people. These are a few snapshots to the adjacent valley to the valley where I live. Most are from Tarata where I have been many times, more than any other small town, and I still want to go back! The Franciscan Retreat Center located there, where we went on the Christmas excursion.

 


I took a similar shot of this street (above) when I first lived in Bolivia, but I couldn't help take another image so I could share with more people. I think the street lays out like a painting. You can see how the street fades into the country landscape at the end of the road.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment