Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

About Me

My photo
Called to be a Lay Missioner with the Franciscan Mission Service in Bolivia

Friday, December 9, 2011

This is the Way I Wash My Clothes



Well the truth is, George Washington, this is the way I wash my blankets. I hand wash my clothes. It is one of my favorite chores, well that is if limited to small items such as shirts and dish towels. Jeans, large towels are a real chore! A load of laundry can take an hour or two to wash by hand.

When I knew I was moving back to the Franciscan Social Center, I wanted my blankets clean. Doña Severina suggested the stomping method. I couldn't help but think of crushing grapes for wine making, it worked well but wringing out soapy water and rinse water was strenuous. By the end of the day the "solar dryer" completed the work. (solar dryer is synonymous for clothes line) I had to add the hint, as my friend JC was disappointed not to view some new technology, when I used this term years ago. The old system works just fine.

I can't recall seeing many rainbows my first time in Bolivia. This time I have seen many and have found them hard to photograph. The rainbow seems to brighten up the city photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment