Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

About Me

My photo
Called to be a Lay Missioner with the Franciscan Mission Service in Bolivia

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Room With A View

I have a room with a view. I didn´t the last time I lived in Cochabamba. One room had no outside window at all, and the other faced a small closed in patio for washing and hanging dry clothes. I live with Lilian and Teddy a middle aged couple with 3 grown married children, and 7 grandchildren, many of whom come to visit often. They live in a second story apartment, and Lilian´s sister and family live in the apartment below.

From there I can look down to the little yard/garden (about the size of 3 parking spaces) There are many beautiful flowering plants, one that grows up over and along the front wall. Across the street is a convent. There too, beautiful flowering plants and trees poke over the wall for all to enjoy. The rest of the view is full of red spanish roofs and other trees. Far more trees are in my view than any other average location in Cochabamba, I am blessed!

From this room I go.
I go to many places.
The one that connects to the view is the Language Institute.
There are many rooms with a view,
many classrooms with a view.
They are tiny little rooms.
You could squeeze 4 student in,
but two would be more comfortable.
They make the Jubilee classrooms look spacious!
The whole space is a walled in city block, filled with gardens and trees.

I am in the middle of my six week repaso course at the Institute. Repaso being a refresher course. The Maryknoll Institute has some really great teachers. It is really interesting to be on the receiving end of the instruction, instead of teaching. I tend to analyze theory, content and style, for future reference. What is nice about a repaso course is that the team of teachers (4 different teachers every two weeks) are open to requests and even direction, together they evaluate and plan a curriculum just for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Catherine,
    May the peace and grace of Christ be with you. Well, there you are. I hope your repaso is going well and the adjustments are coming by and by. Know that I keep you in prayer and thought. Be well
    pax et bonum
    Fr George Corrigan, OFM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, I'm enjoying your blog, your poetry, and your photos! Wow! I look forward to our next conversation about your new home. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete