Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

Tiqti Sud Chapel & Center

About Me

My photo
Called to be a Lay Missioner with the Franciscan Mission Service in Bolivia

Thursday, December 30, 2010

You Never Know Who You Might Meet On Your Way To.... (The Market)

 


If you only took pictures in one direction or one of the three others, you would never get an acurate view. 360 degrees is necessary. But today is just one direction. A little up the hill (North) and along the road to the east. I meet many other animals besides the dogs when I leave home and head elsewhere. the pigs above make their rounds at least a few times a week. maybe everyday, but I'm not there to check it out.

 


I see the goats maybe more frequently than the pigs, and I like them better as they remind me of Jubilee! The other day I saw a cute girl with two sheep one on a leash. If I had my camera, you would have a picture of a country girl. She was even dressed in the style of the countryside. I would have thought I was in the countryside.

 


Here I am with Mario (my neighbor,6 years old now, he is growing like a weed) and Roxanna one of my favorite kids from the after school program, and lunch program too! She is very helpful. Believe it or not she is 12 years old, she bent over to hug my waist. The third child is Eric, what you can't see him. Check out the number of right hands in the photo. Eric's hand is the bunny ears.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, it is wonderful to see you here surrounded by and sharing your love with children, as you seem to do everywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete